[openib-general] SRP device management client (and a few opensm glitches)

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Mon Nov 14 17:18:49 PST 2005

Given that people are trying to use SRP on real networks (eg scinet),
I hacked up a slightly easier to use method for discovering SRP
storage.  This program does SA queries to find ports with the device
management capability set, and then prints out all the required
information to have the SRP initiator connect to any targets it finds.

I did discover a few glitches (see below for details).

For example, on my fabric with one Engenio target, I get:

# ./ibsrpdm
IO Unit Info:
    port LID:        0003
    port GID:        fe800000000000002c902004000e6
    change ID:       0002
    max controllers: 0x10
    controller[  1]: present
    controller[  2]: not installed
    controller[  3]: not installed
    controller[  4]: not installed
    controller[  5]: not installed
    controller[  6]: not installed
    controller[  7]: not installed
    controller[  8]: not installed
    controller[  9]: not installed
    controller[ 10]: not installed
    controller[ 11]: not installed
    controller[ 12]: not installed
    controller[ 13]: not installed
    controller[ 14]: not installed
    controller[ 15]: not installed
    controller[ 16]: not installed

controller[  1]
    GUID:      0002c902004000e4
    vendor ID: 0002c9
    device ID: 005a44
    ID:        LSI Storage Systems SRP Driver
    service entries: 1
        service[  0]: e400400002c90200 / SRP.T10:0002c902004000e4

The opensm issues I saw were:
 - GUIDInfoRecord SA queries are not implemented (I think), so by
   default my code does a (non-compliant) SM class query to get ports'
   GUIDs.
 - opensm sometimes sends a PortInfoRecord with a lot of zeroed-out
   entries (eg I got 30+ entries in a reply that only covered 3 real
   ports).  To save on looking at a lot of switch ports, my code does
   a query for PortInfoRecords with a component mask that selects by
   local port number and gets all the port 1s followed by all the port
   2s in the fabric.

 - R.