[openib-general] SRP device management client (and a few opensm glitches)

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Mon Nov 14 23:58:41 PST 2005

Roland Dreier wrote:

> The opensm issues I saw were:
>  - GUIDInfoRecord SA queries are not implemented (I think), so by
>    default my code does a (non-compliant) SM class query to get ports'
>    GUIDs.
Yes this is correct we never got requested for that query.
If you are only interested in obtaining the guid of the port you can
simply use NodeInfoRecord and you get the guid in the NodeInfo.
But you probably know that. Is there anything more you expect to get from
the GUIDInfo? Are you using/having multiple GUIDs for port?

>  - opensm sometimes sends a PortInfoRecord with a lot of zeroed-out
>    entries (eg I got 30+ entries in a reply that only covered 3 real
>    ports).
This must be an RMPP bug of some sort. How easy is it to reproduce?
Please give us some hints.