[openib-general] Re: ipoib oops

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Nov 15 06:19:47 PST 2005

Quoting r. Roland Dreier <rolandd at cisco.com>:
> Subject: Re: ipoib oops
>
> Sorry I haven't been able to look at this immediately, since I've been
> busy with SC05-related stuff.
>
> I hope to sit down and think about this in detail tomorrow...
>
>  - R.

OK.
Meanwhile, there's another possible issue that I think I see:

if an entry is inserted in mcast_list after ipoib_mcast_restart_task
calls ipoib_mcast_stop_thread but before spin_lock_irqsave(&priv->lock, flags);,
then ipoib_mcast_restart_task can remove this mcast entry from the list,
without waiting for the query to complete.

--
MST