[openib-general] SRP device management client (and a few opensmglitches)

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Tue Nov 15 15:18:40 PST 2005

    Eitan> Hi Roland, Now I get it ! In the port info record there is
    Eitan> a field named LocalPortNumber. This field is NOT the port
    Eitan> number the data is about.  It is the port number the packet
    Eitan> of the query came from.  (see table 145 p823 l-38).  When
    Eitan> OpenSM obtains the PortInfo associated with that particular
    Eitan> port it did so through port 2 of the switch. So the
    Eitan> LocalPortNum is set to 2.

    Eitan> If you are interested with the real port number, it is
    Eitan> located in the RID second field, of the PortInfoRecord
    Eitan> returned by the SA GetTable query.

OK, I guess that makes sense (although how to interpret the
LocalPortNumber of the attribute when it is contained in the SA record
seems slightly unclear).

It seems that if I want to get a list of (say) all the HCA port 2s in
the network, I have to do a get table query of the SA PortInfoRecord
with component mask set so that I get ports with LocalPortNumber 2,
and then filter out switch ports (since the port number field in the
RID is not defined for HCA ports).  Do you think this is really what
was intended?

 - R.