[openib-general] IPoIB

Sean Hubbell shubbell at dbresearch.net
Wed Nov 16 06:14:10 PST 2005

Hello,

  I ran across something that continues to puzzle me. We upgraded to the
latest infiniband source code tree as of yesterday and I tried to run my
program that has been working for months using the new infiniband
modules. Here is what I am seeing:

1) I can ping and ibping the head node from at least two of my client nodes.
2) I can ping the head node from the head node.
3) I can see that messages are being sent from my sender application
(x86_64) via multicast by using ifconfig and viewing the number of Tx
packets sent.
4) I do NOT receive the messages in my second receiver application (x86_64)

Now, normally I would say that the code that I am using does not work,
so I took that code and recompiled it under x32 and ran. Everything
works great. So, here I am, very puzzled. Does anyone have some advice?

Thanks,

Sean