[openib-general] Announce: preview RPMs for FC-4 andRHEL-4 available

Bob Woodruff robert.j.woodruff at intel.com
Wed Nov 16 13:37:46 PST 2005

Doug Ledford wrote,
>The suggestion from Bob Woodruff was to use the verbs-cm support since
>kDAPL isn't included in the kernel.

Yes, for now I would suggest to use the socket CM version of uDAPL.
Arlin is starting to debug the CMA version, but for now the socket
CM version of uDAPL seems stable. We ran it on a 128 node cluster in
Dupont for SC'05 with no problems.
For example, to build and install the socket CM
version of uDAPL on a Red Hat EL 4.0 kernel,
from the userspace directory,

cd dapl/dapl/udapl
make VERBS=openib_scm
cp -f ./Target/libdapl.a /usr/local/lib/libdapl-openib.a
cp -f ./Target/libdapl.so /usr/local/lib/libdapl-openib.so
cd ../../dat/udat
make OS_VENDOR=REDHAT_EL4
cp -f ./Target/x86_64/libdat.a /usr/lib64
cp -f ./Target/x86_64/libdat.so /usr/lib64

Not sure why we needed the REDHAT_EL4 option on building libdat.so,
but Arlin Davis can provide details if needed.

woody