[openib-general] High memory

Shuang Liang liangs at cse.ohio-state.edu
Wed Nov 16 21:33:22 PST 2005

Hi,
   I am new here with some problem of gen2 programming, hope somebody
can help me. I was trying to send a message from a kernel buffer to a
remote userland program on IA-32 machines.
   Basically, what happened was I used get_dma_mr to get memory
registered. And I noticed if a buffer is allocated from high memory
(address >f8000000), then the data can not be delivered correctly to the
receiver side(both send recv completes successfully, but with wrong
data). I thought the problem could have been that I used virt_to_phys
for address translation. But I can't find any appropriate ones for high
memory address translation. I wondering if somebody could give me some
suggestions on this.

   Thanks a lot!

--
Shuang Liang,