[openib-general] High memory

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Thu Nov 17 15:33:11 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 05:34:06PM -0500, Shuang Liang wrote:
> Yes, ib_sge.addr is a u64 same as dma_addr_t.

I agree u64 should be ok for this particular case.
But it should be dma_addr_t, not u64.

You are using a mellanox (ib_mthca) device?

> Just found out this section in .config
> # CONFIG_NOHIGHMEM is not set
> # CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G is not set
> CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G=y
> CONFIG_HIGHMEM=y
> CONFIG_X86_PAE=y
> Maybe I should turn CONFIG_HIGHMEM4G to yes?

Only if you want to ignore mem physically located above 4GB.
I thought only one of the models (NOHIGHMEM, 4G or 64G) could be selected.

> My system is with 1G memory.

Can you post /proc/iomem and /proc/meminfo output?

thanks,
grant