[openib-general] Announce: preview RPMs for FC-4 and RHEL-4 available

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 05:47:49 PST 2005

Thomas Moschny wrote:

> The patch seems to work here, thanks. The machines are up now, and at least
> IPoIB is working.

I should have new kernels on the site sometime today (version
OpenIB_3965.3) that fix this.  I only have enough quota space for one
set of kernel rpms, so once they are up, the others are gone.

> There seems to be a (minor?) problem with opensm -o, it aborts:

[ Snip ]

> Exiting SM
>
> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x6000000000067970
> ***
> Aborted
>
> Subsequent runs of opensm hang in flush_cpu_workqueue or
> rwsem_down_failed_common.

BTW, can you try forcing opensm to run single threaded on it's first
invocation and see if that fixes this?

Also, do people generally feel that opensm is stable enough to start
converting it to a proper system daemon?  By that I mean things like not
having it spew a bunch of informational messages to stdout when in
daemon mode, putting in an actual daemon option, ability to write and
handle a pid file, handling of putting itself in the background and
disassociating from the controlling tty, etc.  If so, I'll start coding
that up and send through a patch.  The current init.d startup script has
some rather ugly hackery to get around the current opensm's very daemon
unfriendly behavior...

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
http://people.redhat.com/dledford