[openib-general] Announce: preview RPMs for FC-4 and RHEL-4 available

Doug Ledford dledford at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 15:05:44 PST 2005

Doug Ledford wrote:

> For the kernel, libmthca, and libibverbs, support is limited to x86,
> x86_64, and ia64.

OK, I've uploaded some new kernel rpms to the same site as before.  This
should fix the oops problem on 64 bit arches.  There still isn't ppc
support and I don't think we are going to implement that for this update
due to testing issues (namely, I don't know what ppc hardware would even
work with mthca cards and I can't test it, I'm just not a ppc
knowledgable guy).  If anyone out there is using ppc hardware and mthca
controllers and would like support for this enabled, please drop me an
email and let me know what arch variant you need support for (the
ppc64iseries in particular is the real killer since it doesn't allow
__raw_readl/__raw_writel that the mthca driver uses and since I don't
have an iseries machine I can't test possible alternatives for doing the
io).

--
Doug Ledford <dledford at redhat.com>
http://people.redhat.com/dledford