[openib-general] OpenSM Debug

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Sun Nov 20 09:18:27 PST 2005

I'm no Linux expert, so I have no clue here.  Perhaps the C libraries already
have some method?

> Is there any reason why the 2 versions of the libraries (with different
> names) shouldn't be allowed concurrently to exist and just link with the
> desired one ?

There is none that I can think of.  In fact, the Windows drivers allow both the
debug and release versions of the user-mode components to co-exist, as well as
mixing debug and release kernel drivers.  This makes it easy to debug a single
component without affecting timings in the whole stack.

- Fab