[openib-general] InfiniPath + OpenIB question

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at pathscale.com
Mon Nov 21 13:43:20 PST 2005

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 16:05 -0500, Tim Miller wrote:

> I can build and install everything OK, and the ipath
> driver appears to work, but I'm having trouble with the mvapich included.
> I can compile the example programs just fine, but when I run:
>
> mpirun_rsh -rsh -np 4 -hostfile nodes ./cpip
>
> I get the following error:
>
> [0] Abort: Error getting HCA context
>   at line 94 in file viainit.c
> mpirun: executable version 0 does not match our version 2.

The problem you are experiencing is most likely because you have the
PathScale MPI libraries installed.  The major version of the MPI shared
libraries we ship is 2, while it's 0 for mvapich.  You appear to be
mixing code compiled against one set of MPI libraries with code compiled
against the other.

It is best to use the InfiniPath MPI libraries unless you specifically
need to be running an MPI app over Infiniband for some reason.

Regards,

	<b