[openib-general] Changes to core drivers to support RD

Robert Walsh rjwalsh at pathscale.com
Wed Nov 30 11:50:51 PST 2005

>  - this breaks the API at least for the create QP command (since it
>    adds an rdd_handle member to the marshalled struct), so the ABI
>    version needs to be bumped, and compatibility code needs to be
>    added to libibverbs to handle the old create QP struct.

Yup.  I just wanted to get the main idea out, first.  Compatibility
stuff will definitely be added before this is committed.

>  - It seems strange to use the abbreviation "ee" for EE contexts -- I
>    think "eec" would be clearer.

Ralph sent me this then disappeared on vacation :-)  Johann and I spent
a few minutes scratching our head over that and just assumed he had a
reason.  I'll ask him when he gets back, but we're OK with fixing it.

> Also, for some reason, your attachments got corrupted with lots of
> carriage returns (^M).

Odd.  That was just the output from svn diff.  Hmm.  Next patch, I'll
check beforehand.

Regards,
 Robert.

Robert Walsh                                 Email: rjwalsh at pathscale.com
PathScale, Inc.                              Phone: +1 650 934 8117
2071 Stierlin Court, Suite 200                 Fax: +1 650 428 1969
Mountain View, CA 94043.