[openib-general] Re: [git pull] InfiniBand fixes for 2.6.14

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Thu Oct 6 10:51:25 PDT 2005

    Jeff> When I pulled this yesterday, it didn't compile
    Jeff> uverbs_main.c. It looks like it's missing from
    Jeff> include/rdma/ib_user_verbs.h

    Jeff> I'm wondering if I pulled your tree/branch correctly. Can
    Jeff> you confirm these would be the right instructions?

Looks reasonable to me.  I'm not sure what went wrong.

Unfortunately I just blew away that git tree and rebased against
Linus's latest tree.  But everything from the for-linus branch should
be in Linus's git tree.  Does Linus's tree build for you?

I just made a new infiniband git tree with an "upstream" branch for
changes I plan to merge in 2.6.15 and a for-linus branch (currently
empty) with 2.6.14 fixes.  Once that hits the mirrors you could try
pulling that and see how it works for you.

    > drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_main.c: In function `ib_uverbs_write':
    > drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_main.c:517: error:
    > `IB_USER_VERBS_CMD_QUERY_PARAMS' undeclared (first use in this function)
    > drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_main.c:517: error: (Each undeclared
    > identifier is reported only once
    > drivers/infiniband/core/uverbs_main.c:517: error: for each function it
    > appears in.)

These error messages seem like your uverbs_main.c and ib_user_verbs.h
files got out of sync somehow.  My tree looked OK to me so I don't
know how to explain this.

 - R.