[openib-general] Linux 2.6.13 Kernel Support Question

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Thu Oct 6 12:50:36 PDT 2005

    Sean> Hello, Will openib still supply patches to the 2.6.13 Kernel
    Sean> or do I need to upgrade my kernel to 2.6.14?

2.6.14 is not out yet, so the OpenIB subversion repository continues
to be targeted at 2.6.13 (the latest full kernel release).  Once
2.6.14 is released, we'll target that for development.  If the are API
changes from 2.6.13 to 2.6.14 that mean the subversion tree no longer
works with 2.6.13, then if you want to use the latest subversion
sources, you'll have to either upgrade to 2.6.14, find some
contributed backport patches, or do the backporting yourself.

 - R.