[openib-general] segmentation fault in ibv_modify_srq

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Thu Oct 6 13:10:42 PDT 2005

    Sayantan> I noticed that the test re-posts buffers only when the
    Sayantan> outstanding recv count is <= 1. I set a SRQ limit as
    Sayantan> max_recv - 5. So, I should get the event when 5 WQEs are
    Sayantan> consumed from the SRQ, right?

Yes, your code is correct.  The problem was that the mthca kernel
driver was dispatching SRQ events incorrectly, so the event never
reached userspace.  I've checked in a fix for that, and I'm going to
queue the SRQ limit event stuff for 2.6.15 (now that I've seen it
working).

BTW, in your code, you have:

		fprintf(stderr, "  event_type %d, port %d\n", event.event_type,
		       event.element.port_num);

it would be more sensible to print event.element.srq here, since
you're expecting an SRQ event.

 - R.