[openib-general] Timeline of IPoIB performance

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Fri Oct 7 08:58:55 PDT 2005

Hmm, looks like something in the network stack must have changed.

    > 2.6.12          in-kernel    1     406
    > 2.6.11          in-kernel    1     464

This looks like the biggest dropoff.  I can think of two things that
would be interesting to do if you or anyone else has time.  First,
taking profiles of netperf runs between these two kernels and
comparing might be enlightening.  Also, it would be useful to pin down
when the regression happened, so running the same test with 2.6.12-rc1
through 2.6.12-rc6 would be a good thing.

 - R.