[openib-general] Questions about mad_test

Pradeep Satyanarayana pradeep at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 7 12:19:48 PDT 2005

I am hoping some one will be able to help me out with a few answers saving
me some debug time, or having to expend effort on something that is already
known.
I was trying to execute mad_test and found that it errors out. For some
reason it does not like the DR Path that I gave it.

1. I ran ibnetdiscover and got the set of LIDs that I use is DR Path. Is
that correct way to go about it?
 It always errors out with something like: hop 0 != 0 or hop 1 != dev_port

2. Also there is an expectation of there being a device
/dev/infiniband/mthca0/ports/1/mad (using all defaults in this case) -is
that correct? Any specific major and minor numbers I must use?

3. Anything else that I am missing?

I am using this from trunk 3675 on 2.6.13 kernel.

Thanks in advance for all the help!

Pradeep
pradeep at us.ibm.com