[openib-general] [RFC] IB address translation using ARP

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Sun Oct 9 07:19:37 PDT 2005

>I think iWARP can be on top of TCP or SCTP. But why wouldn't it care ?

I'm referring to the case that iWarp is running over TCP.  I know that it can
run over SCTP, but I'm not familiar with the details of that protocol.  With
TCP, this is an end-to-end connection, so layering iWarp over it, only the
endpoints need to deal with it.  I believe the same is true for SCTP.

>Doesn't a routing decision still need to be made at the IP layer ?

Routing of the IP packets is done at the IP layer, but I don't see how this
affects iWarp.

>Doesn't the IP next hop need to be determined (e.g. gateway when the
>destination is off the local IP subnet) ? Is there something that
>precludes iWARP from working across IP subnets ?

I can't think of anything that would preclude iWarp from working across subnets.