[openib-general] Lustre Network Driver - KDAPL or verbs?

Peter J. Braam braam at clusterfs.com
Sun Oct 9 14:17:56 PDT 2005

Cluster File Systems, Inc and its customers have been wondering if the
Lustre Network Driver (LND) for OpenIb gen2, which we will begin to
develop during the coming months, should be based on kdapl or verbs.

The driver we plan to develop should strive to address several goals:
 - high reliability and performance
 - allow interoperability between user and kernel level
 - allow interoperability, or better, portability among different
operating systems (Linux, OS X, Windows, Solaris)
 - be suitable for inclusion in the Linux kernel

We are keen to hear some opinions!

Thanks

Peter Braam