[openib-general] Re: Linux 2.6.13 Kernel Support Question

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Mon Oct 10 06:58:00 PDT 2005

Quoting Sean Hubbell <shubbell at dbresearch.net>:
> Subject: Linux 2.6.13 Kernel Support Question
>
> Hello,
>
>   Will openib still supply patches to the 2.6.13 Kernel or do I need to
> upgrade my kernel to 2.6.14?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sean Hubbell

As Roland commented, once 2.6.14 is out the trunk will target it.

I keep patches to make trunk compile on older kernels under
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/backport/

Its usually an uncomplicated excersize to add support to more kernels,
so I usually do it a couple of days after trunk switches to newer
kernels, but one has to keep in mind that testing is another matter.

Here in mellanox people are testing against kernels that come
with popular distributions, so we are currently testing 2.6.9 on RHEL4,
2.6.11_FC4 (which is between 2.6.11 and 2.6.12) on FC4 and 2.6.11 on
SuSE Pro 9.3.  Whether 2.6.13 will be tested in mellanox depends on
whether there is/will be a distribution tested here that will include
this kernel revision.

--
MST