[openib-general] SRP & Infiniband

Mohit Katiyar, Noida mohitka at noida.hcltech.com
Tue Oct 11 02:58:19 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I am just an investigating level newbee to Infiniband and I have a query
in it.

I am not clear about the functionalities of the user level HCA driver?
Are there any specifications for it or it is totally vendor based?

It is also said it is used in speed path operations? Does anyone has any
ideas how does it do accomplishes it?

If I have SCSI storage devices in a SAN then can I use SRP module to
send some request and User mode HCA library for some speed path
operation? Basically I wanted to know that for SCSI devices can User
mode HCA library be used for speed path operations . If yes the how they
can be used(Only theoretical details rest I wil try)

Thanks in advance for all the help I am going to get

Mohit Katiyar