[openib-general] Compiling an application that calls ib_cm_* functions

Steven Wooding sinate at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 06:37:00 PDT 2005

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help me with compiling my IB application?
The problem is when I go to link my program I get all of the ib_cm* function calls
come up as "undefined reference". Also dlist_start and _dlist_mark_move (dlist_next in the code).

Here is my linking command:
icpc -o ib_comms_test1 ib_comms_test1.o ib_queue_pair.o ib_comms_manager.o -L/usr/local/lib -libcm -libat -libverbs -libumad -lsysfs -ldl

Get the same result when using g++
The cmpost.c example compiles fine. I've tried to see what it is doing. It seems to link-in the libibcm.la file,
but when I try this with icpc or g++, they say they cannot recogised the file type.

Maybe someone can spot the simple mistake I'm making.

Cheers,

Steve.