[openib-general] InfiniPath driver announcement

Robert Walsh rjwalsh at pathscale.com
Tue Oct 11 12:59:46 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-11 at 12:46 -0700, Roland Dreier wrote:
> I started working on some final cleanups of the uverbs interface
> before merging stuff onto the trunk.  The patch below mixes some
> simple cleanups with a slight change to the work request posting
> interface.  I changed the ABI so that the work requests are passed as
> part of the same write as the command, and modified the implementation
> to copy the work requests one by one instead of in one giant chunk.
>
> I also added a WQE size field to allow for future device-specific
> extensions to work request posting.
>
> The following is compile-tested only, and I haven't modified the
> userspace library to match, but I wanted to give you some idea of what
> I was doing in case you had some comments or started working on it too.
>
> What do you think?

I'll spend some time today or tomorrow looking at this, getting it
integrated and finishing the userland stuff.  Thanks for doing this!

Regards,
 Robert.

Robert Walsh                                 Email: rjwalsh at pathscale.com
PathScale, Inc.                              Phone: +1 650 934 8117
2071 Stierlin Court, Suite 200                 Fax: +1 650 428 1969
Mountain View, CA 94043