[openib-general] [CMA] blocking in rdma_listen()

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Tue Oct 11 14:18:09 PDT 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Sean Hefty wrote:

> Does anyone have any objection to rdma_listen() blocking?
>
> I'm working on adding support for listening across any device, but need to
> synchronize with device addition/removal.

I have a strong objection to making it block.

Our goal is to provide an interface with semantics similar to the
sockets interface. A socket's listen function does not block (e.g.
inet_listen).

Since not blocking is what ULPs expect, kDAPL's listen function does
not block. The same should be true of the CMA function.

james