[openib-general] IBM eHCA testing..

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Tue Oct 11 14:45:28 PDT 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 09:13:20AM -0700, Shirley Ma wrote:
> The IB stack doesn't handle errors during client initialization. This
> problem is easy to reproduce by inducing errors (resouce allocation
> failure or query failure) in mad_client or sa_client registration. I am
> working on a patch, but I am in class the whole week, don't have time to
> verify the patch. I hope the patch will be available early next week to
> fix the panic.

I'd be happy to verify the patch, but I need to get the latest version
of the ehca driver, ideally already integrated into the subversion tree.
Otherwise a tar.gz I can extract and drop in drivers/infiniband/hw/ehca
would work just fine.

I'm still not sure I got an answer why the ehca is so senstive to which
port is plugged in.