[openib-general] Re: Latest build test results

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Tue Oct 11 15:03:58 PDT 2005

Quoting Nishanth Aravamudan <nacc at us.ibm.com>:
> Is there anyway you can send me patches against the kernel tree as
> opposed to the svn repo? It makes my side of things *a lot* easier, as
> right now I have to take your patch against svn and either hand-edit or
> patch my checkout and then diff against the current kernel tree.

In case this is useful to others, I am using the following trick
with softlinks to create -p1 patches suitable to applying to kernel
(requires svn client revision 1.2.3 and up):

cd trunk/src/linux-kernel/
ln -s . drivers
cd ../
svn diff --diff-cmd "/usr/bin/diff" -x -up linux-kernel/drivers/infiniband

I've put this information in the FAQ.

--
MST