[openib-general] Re: ib0: ipoib_ib_post_receive failed for buf 111 ib0: failed to allocate receive buffer

Helen Chen hycsw at ca.sandia.gov
Wed Oct 12 12:34:07 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am running stock IB stack distributed with 2.6.12-5 kernel from gen2.
 We installed 1.4.4 Lustre to run on top of IPoIB,  When and ran
concurrent IOZONE sessions from 8 clients to 4 servers I got "ib0:
failed to allocate receive buffer" in demesg, and with corresponding
IOzone read/write errors.  And if I don't terminate my IOZONE sessions,
the ib0 interface would shutdown eventually.  Increasing
net.core.netdev_max_backlog to 3000 from 300 didn't solve the problem.
 Is there another parameter to tweek?

BTW, I am attaching the entries from dmesg for your information.

Thanks, Helen