[openib-general] InfiniPath driver announcement

Robert Walsh rjwalsh at pathscale.com
Wed Oct 12 15:56:19 PDT 2005

> OK, here's my latest set of patches.  With these changes, userspace
> verbs work for me (tested between my one ipath system and a system
> with a Mellanox HCA).

OK - I'll start applying these now.  Expect check-ins before the end of
the day.

>  - ibv_rc_pingpong is very very slow (like 26 Mb/sec with default params).

We haven't touched performance yet.  We'll be looking at that real soon.
That said, 26Mb/sec is slower than we see.  We'll get back to you after
we investigate this a bit.

>  - ibv_rc_pingpong on loopback doesn't work:

Huh.  That should work.  I'll look at it.

>  - ibv_ud_pingpong on loopback doesn't work either:

Ditto.

> As a bonus, I'm throwing in a patch for libipathoib to fix the RPM
> build on Fedora Core 4, and delete the unused ipathoib-abi.h header.
> (You'll have to do svn rm yourself to completely kill the file, if you
> apply this patch).

Great.  Thanks.

> BTW, I think it would be a good idea to rename libipathoib to
> something like "libipath" (or "libipathverbs" or whatever).  I don't
> think we want to put "oib" or "openib" in the name, since in the long
> run we're just going to be part of the standard Linux IB (or RDMA)
> drivers.

I'll think up a better name.  libipath is already taken with something
else we ship, so I can't use that.

Robert Walsh                                 Email: rjwalsh at pathscale.com
PathScale, Inc.                              Phone: +1 650 934 8117
2071 Stierlin Court, Suite 200                 Fax: +1 650 428 1969
Mountain View, CA 94043