[openib-general] Re: IBM eHCA testing..

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Oct 14 10:41:13 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 12:08, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>
> >On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 18:46, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> >

> >>I'm also attaching part of an opensm log file.
> >>
> >>(the full copy is at http://scl.ameslab.gov/~troy/osm-ehca.log )
> >>
> >>The IBM galaxy adapters are at:
> >>	Initial path: [0][1][16]
> >>	Initial path: [0][1][13]
> >>

> >The OpenSM is just saying that a SMP transaction it issued (in this
> >case, SM Get P_KeyTable) is timing out (no response made it back to
> >OpenSM).
> >
> >BTW, what svn rev is OpenSM up to ?
> >
> >-- Hal
> >

> So, how about a patch to opensm to report what svn rev it was built from ;)

Can you do svn info in the userspace/management/osm directory ?

> I just discovered another problem.. We have been running pfvs2 over
> IPoIB on the same subnet, and in debugging this, I restarted opensm
> several times, and somewhere in the stack a PVFS2 write failed. I
> wouldn't think that a short downtime of the SM from restarting it would
> cause any IPoIB TCP sessions to fall over..

As Fab indicated, there are a number of places where the SM/SA is
needed:
1. SA PathRecords (used when a path to a new IP end node is needed or an
existing one timesout)
2. SA MCMemberRecord joins, queries, and leaves (used when an interface
is up'ed, down'ed, etc.)

Is this on an existing TCP session ? Is it OpenIB IPoIB clients at each
end ? What svn version is being used for this ?