[openib-general] rdma/ib_verbs.h

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Fri Oct 14 14:30:29 PDT 2005

    Suresh> Folks: While writing a switch driver, I noticed that the
    Suresh> alloc_pd and create_cq function signatures are different
    Suresh> depending on rdma/ib_verbs.h vs.  ib_verbs.h. I don't need
    Suresh> RDMA for now, so going with the func signature as in
    Suresh> ib_verbs.h is OK or is there a necessity to use
    Suresh> rdma/ib_verbs.h?

Which two files are you comparing?  There should only be one
ib_verbs.h file in your kernel tree.  Otherwise you're just asking for
trouble.  You may be getting confused because the include files were
moved from drivers/infiniband/ to include/rdma/ between kernel version
2.6.13 and 2.6.14-rc1.

However the files were just moved.  You should just work against the
latest version of ib_verbs.h when writing your driver.

 - R.