[openib-general] Latest build test results

Nishanth Aravamudan nacc at us.ibm.com
Fri Oct 14 22:24:56 PDT 2005

On 11.10.2005 [23:15:27 -0400], Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Hi again Nish,

> > > Since you were reporting iSER, AT, and SDP compile warnings/errors,
> > > aren't you using the latest OpenIB svn tree with 2.6.14-rc3 ?
> >
> > Yes; but you have to understand that the automated build system I have
> > access to 1) does not have external internet access (i.e., to the svn
> > tree) and 2) only builds kernels unless I manually send commands to the
> > terminal.
> >
> > So, the way I'm doing things is:
> >
> > Send in 4 jobs for mainline (x86 and ppc64 with =y and =m) and then
> > generate a patch of the latest svn tree against the current -git release
> > (a patch to the kernel) and send it in as a parameter to my builds to
> > test the latest svn tree. This leads to another 4 jobs (x86 and ppc64
> > with =y and =m).
> >
> > I'm *only* doing kernel build testing right now.
> >
> > > Which patches are you referring to ? Was it the fib_frontend.c one ?
> > > Not sure why they would need any manual fixup. At least that one was
> > > pretty straightforward.
> >
> > In the sense that I have to edit them to kernel relative paths, not in
> > the content of the patch. To test any patch in the system I have access
> > to, it needs to be a normal kernel patch (-p1 applicable to the base
> > tree).
> >
> > Going through and manually applying patches to the svn tree and then
> > regenerating the diff completely defeats the purpose of automated
> > compilation testing.
>
> OK. Do you need any patches regenerated or is this more for the future ?

Please check-in the at.c, sdp_link.c and iser.h fixes, as now gen2 code
builds on x86 and ppc64 with only the following warning (which I believe
is new)

drivers/infiniband/core/addr.c:330: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type

when the patches are applied. Without them the x86 build fails
completely and the ppc64 build emits several warning.

Sorry for the *long* delay, it took a bit of effort to get the patches
to cooperate with our automated build system. Thanks to Hal for his
quick response and generous patience in waiting for my ack.

So, officially, I give

Acked-by: Nishanth Aravamudan <nacc at us.ibm.com>

to the at.c, sdp_link.c and iser.h fixes.

Thanks,
Nish