[openib-general] Infiniband over FC

Mohit Katiyar, Noida mohitka at noida.hcltech.com
Sat Oct 15 06:07:59 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I just cant clear a doubt about IB.

In the first figure given below the max speed that can be obtained
between the client and the IO storage is 2Gb/s

                                                Figure 1

While in the figure given below the client to IB FC gateway speed is >
10 GB/s and from Gateway to I/O storage is 2GB/s and if port aggregation
is applied at gateway then 4GB/s. So the total effective speed from
client to I/O storage can max be reached at 4GB/s

                                                Figure 2

So can anyone explain me am I correct in my approach? Are there any
other advantages in shifting from figure 1 architecture to figure 2
architecture?

It does not seem any advantageous in shifting from FC SAN to IB FC SAN
through such a pattern?

Can anyone help me in deciding about this??

Thanks in advance

Mohit Katiyar