[openib-general] initialization -udev

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Mon Oct 17 13:41:07 PDT 2005

    Suresh> Folks: Another basic question, I just built my 2.6.10
    Suresh> kernel with core Infiniband stack. I only have
    Suresh> CONFIG_INFINIBAND=y and nothing else (I don't need
    Suresh> anything else for now!). Couple of questions:

    Suresh> 1. Do I need to load any of the kernel modules by hand? I
    Suresh> don't have etc/udev directory (none of the modules listed
    Suresh> in MST's installation cheat sheet are applicable to me I
    Suresh> think!)  2. What should I see to confirm that the core
    Suresh> Infiniband stack is loaded correctly?

If you have set all config options to 'y' or 'n' then there are no IB
kernel modules to load.  I don't think anything is be printed by the
core IB stack so I wouldn't expect to see anything when it loads.  You
could add a printk() to ib_core_init() if you're worried.

BTW, any particular reason you are using such an old kernel instead of
2.6.13 or 2.6.14-rc4?

 - R.