[openib-general] initialization -udev

Suresh Shelvapille suri at baymicrosystems.com
Mon Oct 17 14:16:13 PDT 2005

1. I did not add the CONFIG_INFINIBAND=y by hand. I used make menuconfig and
the GUI let me choose "y" to select the Infiniband core. And the result was,
in .config which I presume is the one generated by the GUI has
CONIFG_INFINIBAND=y.

>From what you say, the ib_core and ib_mad modules are not loaded if
CONFIG_INFINIBAND=y and not 'm'?

2. When I do /sbin/lsmod --I see nothing though....
3. BTW I have not loaded my device driver yet...I will try it once the core
modules get loaded correctly!

Thanks a lot in advance,
Suri