[openib-general] RE: iWARP emulation protocol

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Oct 18 12:29:56 PDT 2005

Kanevsky, Arkady wrote:
> uDAPL users.

I'm not sure how much we should care about higher level abstractions for this
discussion.  We should do what's right for IB.  Abstractions that want to use IP
addresses can either use the standard protocol defined by the IBTA or define
their own private data.

To me, it seems that the most flexible solution is to pass the source and
destination IP address in the CM REQ.  We can then define a standard mapping
from TCP port numbers to IB service records, or change the CM version to read
into the private data.  What's wrong with this approach?