[dat-discussions] RE: [openib-general] Re: iWARP emulationprotocol

Richard Frank richard.frank at oracle.com
Wed Oct 19 16:12:33 PDT 2005

Oracle's uDAPL ipc implementation uses 64 bytes of private connection data -
currently - some of this is the result of having 64 bytes to use at the
start - so we designed around this. We can probably reduce this somewhat.
And of course if we want to rewrite our connection handling for uDAPL (add
our own wire protocol) we can probably skip using the uDAPL connection data
all together.

For RDS we use our own connection data sent via datagrams which has always
been part of the Oracle UDP ipc implementation.