[openib-general] Re: ehca testing

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Thu Oct 20 11:03:28 PDT 2005

    Troy> I've since found I have the same problem without hcad_mod. I
    Troy> don't see any errors in dmesg except for:

    Troy> [ 7415.421699] mthca0: ib_query_pkey port 0 failed (ret = -22)

It's strange that IPoIB is querying port 0 of a CA.  Could you have
mismatched versions of modules, so that some were compiled with a
different version of <rdma/ib_verbs.h>?

You could add printk calls to ipoib_add_one and mthca_register_device
and make sure that they see the same value of node_type for the struct
ib_device (make sure to add the printk to mthca_register_device after
the place where it assigns the node_type field).

 - R.