[openib-general] Re: [swg] Re: private data...

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Thu Oct 20 11:07:20 PDT 2005

I would personally rather see a reserved bit get used.  Imagine a system that
has two protocols installed that use IP addressing.  That system might want to
have different apps listening on the same port number over both, even though the
protocols are different.

Having a reserved bit in the REQ indicate the presence of IP addressing
information (including source and destination port numbers) in the private data
seems most flexible to me.

- Fab