[swg] RE: [openib-general] Re: [swg] Re: private data...

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Thu Oct 20 11:52:29 PDT 2005

It may be benefitial to split the range of SID for one TCP port into
several.
That way the all "base TCP ports equivalent" will have the same
mapping.
Mapping to support SDP will use SDP assigned Service IDs.
And IPoIB will have its own range similar to SDP for TCP ports.
The RDMA "native" will use the "base" TCP ports.
We can also add more ports for each of these categeories
to support multiple SIDs. But we as well
can use portmapper for them.

But transparent adoptable clients that support all 3 (or more of the
methods)
will have to try each of the assigned Service IDs using appropriate
transport
to see if server supports it.
Arkady

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance                     phone: 781-768-5395
375 Totten Pond Rd.                  Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451-2010          central phone: 781-768-5300