[openib-general] Re: [swg] Re: private data...

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Thu Oct 20 13:34:39 PDT 2005

I'm not saying we shouldn't define a range of service IDs, I'm questioning
whether we should restrict the use of this protocol to just the defined range of
service IDs.  I think there's a benefit in having different protocols use a
well-established and defined way of mapping IP addresses to IB.

I'd like to see us define the protocol independent of the service ID.  We can
then establish a service ID range to be used with this protocol for NFS/RDMA, or
for more generic TCP mappings, but these are two different issues to me.

- Fab