[openib-general] Re: [swg] Re: private data...

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Thu Oct 20 13:52:16 PDT 2005

The same can be said of the starting local QPN, responder resource, initiator
depth, starting PSN, MTU, and so forth.  The CM doesn't care about these - the
application does, as these settings affect how it configures its QP and what
features of its protocol it can use.

>  Using a reserved bit in the REQ mixes the CM's protocol
> (which is to process REQs, REPs, etc.) with that of the application.

There are a number of fields that are not used by the CM state machine that are
included in these MADs already.  These fields are defined in the CM protocol not
because they impact MAD processing in the CM, but because they represent minimum
information needed to configure a QP and client.

- Fab