[swg] RE: [openib-general] Re: [swg] Re: private data...

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Oct 20 15:01:30 PDT 2005

>But that require changes to CM APIs vs a module on top of it
>to parse and populate private data field.

I'm wasn't advocating this change.  What I think needs to be defined here is a
*service* that provides TCP/IP connection semantics, similar to the definition
of SDP.  Applications can make use of this service or not, but the goal is that
all services that use TCP/IP addressing to establish a connection would do so.
OpenIB would provide an implementation of this service.

The service is defined by one or more service IDs, plus a private data format.

Moving beyond defining this service to changing the CM REQ, or separating the
definition of the service into a private data protocol and application defined
service IDs seem like a step in the wrong direction.