[openib-general] Re: Questions about libibat, ib_uat, and ib_a

Kevin Reilly kjreilly at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 20 18:26:47 PDT 2005

Will the CMA have that the same function ib_at_route_by_ip()  that we are
using in libibat?

/**
 * ib_at_route_by_ip - asynchronously resolve ip address to ib route
 * @dst_ip: destination ip
 * @src_ip: source ip - optional
 * @tos: ip type of service
 * @flags: ib_at_route_flags
 * @ib_route: out structure
 * @async_comp: asynchronous callback structure - optional
 * @req_id: pointer for request ID
 *
 * Resolve the specified dst_ip to a &struct ib_route structure.
 * src_ip can be provide to force specific output interface.
 * flags can be used to select resolving method; currently IB-ARP or ATS.
 *
 * See ib_at_completion structure documentation for asynchronous
 * operation details.
 */
int ib_at_route_by_ip(uint32_t dst_ip, uint32_t src_ip, int tos, uint16_t
flags,
                              struct ib_at_ib_route *ib_route,
                              struct ib_at_completion *async_comp, uint64_t
*req_id);

Kevin J. Reilly
STSM, HPC Architecture
-Federation/HPS  Chief Engineer
-HPC interconnect architect
(office) 845-433-7976  (tieline) 8-293-7976

             Sean Hefty
             <mshefty at ichips.i
             ntel.com>                                                  To
                                       Pradeep
             10/20/2005 12:47          Satyanarayana/Beaverton/IBM at IBMUS
                                       Hal Rosenstock <halr at voltaire.com>,
                                       Kevin
                                       Reilly/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS,
                                       openib-general-bounces at openib.org,
                                       "openib-general at openib.org"
                                       <openib-general at openib.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [openib-general] Re: Questions
                                       about libibat, ib_uat, and ib_a

Pradeep Satyanarayana wrote:
> Is there a ballpark estimate (or a plan) of when CMA willl be ready?
> Estimates like by end of Q4 2005
> or end of Q1 2006 will help us make some decisions if we should submit a
> patch for this bug or wait
> for CMA.

The kernel CMA is ready today.  An additional change will be required at
some
point once the iWarp Emulation Protocol is defined, but that will be minor.

Work on the user CMA should begin by the end of this week.  I estimate that
it
will take about 4 weeks to complete.