[openib-general] FW upgrade for TopSpin cards

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Fri Oct 21 12:23:08 PDT 2005

Roland,
sorry to bug you on that but...

I have a Cisco HCA (PCI-X)
hca_type	MTS23108
hw_rev	a1
fw_ver	1.18.0

hca_type and hw_rev are clearly Mellanox nomenclature.
I suspect that this is Cisco FW version #.

But all OpenIB documentation is with respect to Mellanox
nomenclature.
For example from http://www.openib.org/docs/ipoib_faq.txt

1. Verify the firmware version via

cat /sys/class/infiniband/mthca0/fw_ver

For PCI-X HCAs, version 3.2.0 is recommended. For PCIe HCAs, version
4.5.3 is recommended.

*********************************

Is there analogous documentation for Cisco FW?
Where is that FW (this is Cougar card)?
Are Cisco FWs and Mellanox FW the same?
If yes what is the correspondance between the 2 numbering schemas.

While this specific question is for Cougar card,
the answer should be generic and cover all HCAs.

Can the documentation be updated to cover all supported HW
regardless of the vendor?

Thanks,

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance                     phone: 781-768-5395
375 Totten Pond Rd.                  Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451-2010          central phone: 781-768-5300