[swg] Re: [openib-general] TCP/IP connection service over IB

Tom Tucker tom at opengridcomputing.com
Mon Oct 24 18:06:08 PDT 2005

Ted:

I think it's relevant, so let's make sure my assumptions are correct:

- The ITAPI will be a "ULP" on OpenIB
- The ITAPI will create the IRD/ORD headers in its private data and
submit this as part of its connection establishment.
- The ITAPI consumer at the remote peer will use this data to configure
it's local QP before accepting the connection

Over IB, the IRD/ORD private data will be prepended with a "private data
header" that contains the source and destination IP addresses, source
port, etc... The remote peer will not see this data as part of the
private data, but rather will see it in the CMA event in the upcall.

Over iWARP/MPA, there will be nothing else in the private data except
what was provided by the consumer (ITAPI in this case). The reason being
that this extra information (IP addressing info) is in the protocol
header proper.