[openib-general] RE: [dat-discussions] round 2 - proposal for socket based connection model

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Tue Oct 25 10:03:15 PDT 2005

Correct.
But this does bring the question how responder CM knows that it need to
parse
the private data. I suspect this will be done via new version of CM.
But a suage of some of the CM REQ reserved fields are also possible.
Anotherwords the current CM version assumes that CM only supports
one version and there is no need to support more than 1 version.

This proposal may change this assumption.
Arkady

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance                     phone: 781-768-5395
375 Totten Pond Rd.                  Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451-2010          central phone: 781-768-5300