[openib-general] RE: [dat-discussions] round 2 - proposal for socket based connection model

Kanevsky, Arkady Arkady.Kanevsky at netapp.com
Tue Oct 25 10:25:51 PDT 2005

Think of a single API that supports iWARP and IB (transport independent
API).
To a connection listener it provides the IP 5-tuple + private data.
For IB it means that CM parses REQ and extracts IP 5-tuple as separate
fields from private data.
Listener does not parse the private data encoding of the proposal.

So CM need to know if it need to encode IP 5-tuple on requestor side
and if need to parse on responder side.
Arkady

Arkady Kanevsky                       email: arkady at netapp.com
Network Appliance                     phone: 781-768-5395
375 Totten Pond Rd.                  Fax: 781-895-1195
Waltham, MA 02451-2010          central phone: 781-768-5300