[openib-general] RE: [dat-discussions] round 2 - proposal for socket based connection model

Tom Tucker tom at opengridcomputing.com
Tue Oct 25 10:37:11 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 10:21 -0700, Caitlin Bestler wrote:

> [...]

I believe that the assurances you are talking about are peculiar to an
implementation, not to the network.

The CMA is what is preparing the private data header, not the app. WRT
a IB CM app, it could very easily pretend to be a "CMA App" and build
it's own private data that spoofed the address. How would the local CM
know that it is supposed to verify this? Where is the service id/private
data format mapping database?

In short, I think we are mixing many different things together here.