[swg] RE: [openib-general] round 2 - proposal for socket based connection model

Yaron Haviv yaronh at voltaire.com
Wed Oct 26 09:23:36 PDT 2005

I believe ZBTO and Remote Invalidation are mandatory in iWarp, right ?

There are two new RDMA features that are available in iWarp, and are new
to IB (optional in 1.2 version)
A ULP that is supposed to run on both may want to know if the peer
supports those, so it can use the correct verbs

e.g. if the peer doesn't support remote invalidation the ULP will need
to use Send verb, and invalidate the FMR locally, if it does support it,
it can use the new "Send with Invalidate" verb which can improve
performance and security

I don't see why iWarp needs to negotiate it, CMA can just return true on
both bits in case its iWarp

This is a generic parameters that will be needed by more than one ULP,
that wants to make sure what verbs are supported by the RDMA generic
layer, that's why its in the generic portion of the header.

Yaron